1.24.2010

Bourriaud Radicant

In the Radicant, Bourriaud quoted Duchamp mentioning that it was all because of his separation from France while living in the United State with a clean slate that enabled him to move beyond his root and create something totally new. The term exote is perhaps the one term that I can relate to most. In the past few years I've been more involve in instigating my Chines cultural roots and relating it to new cultural learning in my daily life. The bombardment of all these new ideas actually help me to constantly re-evaluate my very base root in relation to the new ideas.

Thinking in terms of the plant analogy, the ivy crawl and grows to diverse place, and from that it get a lot more surface area to carry on photosynthesis to feed back and make the root grow larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment